The Advanced Faculty Teaching Institute: Creating Equitable and Inclusive Learning Environments at USC is composed of seven workshop-style Zoom sessions. It is intended for faculty members who have completed either the Faculty Teaching Institute or the Accelerated Online Teaching Institute.
The institute will provide faculty research-informed approaches to serving USC’s diverse student population and increasing student engagement through course design and teaching practice. Institute facilitators, guest speakers, and participants will discuss topics that include:
- Exploring data about the diverse groups who comprise USC’s evolving student population.
- Applying an equity-minded approach to course and syllabus design.
- Crafting a statement of inclusion for your course.
- Contextualizing research and content for the contemporary student.
- Effectively acknowledging student identities to foster a sense of belonging and support learning.
Dates for Live Zoom Sessions in Spring 2023
Zoom sessions are Tuesdays from 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m. Pacific time
- January 17
- January 31
- February 14
- February 28
- March 21
- April 4
- April 18
Participants who complete six of the seven synchronous Zoom sessions will receive certificates of completion.
For questions about the CET Advanced Faculty Teaching Institute: Creating Equitable and Inclusive Learning Environments at USC, contact email@example.com