The semester-long institute comprises a series of seven workshop-style Zoom sessions. Due to the interactive design of this institute, cohort registration will be limited to 30 faculty. Advanced Teaching Institutes are intended for faculty who have completed a previous CET Faculty Teaching Institute or the Accelerated Online Teaching Institute.
Getting Comfortable with Challenging Discussions will provide a supportive and informative space for faculty to engage in discussions of controversial topics and manage discussion conflicts. Institute facilitators, guest speakers, and participants will engage in the following topics
- Creating a classroom environment for productive discussions.
- Policies and laws on academic freedom and speech.
- Planning for challenging discussions in your course.
- Addressing current societal events in class discussions.
- Managing conflicts during class discussions.
To be offered at a future date.
A digital badge and certificate of completion will be given to those who participate in at least six of the seven synchronous Zoom sessions.
For questions about the CET Advanced Teaching Institute: Getting Comfortable with Challenging Discussions, contact email@example.com
If you are interested in a customized institute for your school, department, or program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.