The USC Center for Excellence in Teaching (CET) announces a Faculty Learning Community pilot, a community of practice open to all faculty. Members of the year-long Faculty Learning Community will divide into self-selected cohorts to tackle challenges in teaching large-enrollment courses (75+ students).
This interdisciplinary experience is designed to be a space where faculty share ideas, seek support from one another for problem solving, and discuss effective practices. Each cohort in the community will produce a project that will be shared with USC colleagues at the April 11 CET Faculty Showcase.
The Faculty Learning Community includes a series of facilitated monthly Zoom meetings held on Mondays from 1:30pm – 3:00pm Pacific time. The community will be limited to 24 participants.
Participants will be expected to
- Teach a large-enrollment course in Spring 2022
- Attend monthly meetings
- Self-select a community cohort to work with throughout the academic year
- Actively participate and collaborate with colleagues in their cohort
- Complete a project, selected and created by the cohort
- Present the completed project to USC community during the April CET Faculty Showcase
Dates and agendas of Live Zoom Sessions
Monday from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Pacific Time
- August 30: Needs assessment
- September 27: Sharing of research and literature review
- October 25: Cohort decision on project topic and design
- November 22: Facilitated workshop time
- January 10: Peer presentations, critique and feedback
- February 7: Facilitated workshop time
- March 7: Finalize presentations and projects
- April 11: CET Faculty Showcase presentations
For questions about the CET Faculty Learning Community program, contact Ingrid Steiner at email@example.com