The USC Center for Excellence in Teaching (CET) announces a Faculty Learning Community, a community of practice open to all faculty. Members of the year-long Faculty Learning Community will divide into self-selected cohorts to explore research and practice in alternative assessments and grading approaches.
This interdisciplinary experience is designed to be a space where faculty share ideas, seek support from one another for problem solving, and discuss effective practices. Each cohort in the community will produce a project that will be shared with USC colleagues at the April CET Faculty Showcase.
The Faculty Learning Community includes a series of facilitated monthly Zoom meetings held on Mondays from 1:30pm – 3:00pm Pacific time. The community will be limited to 24 participants.
Participants will be expected to
- Design, revise or implement a current assessment or grading method in a course.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Self-select a community cohort to work with throughout the academic year.
- Actively participate and collaborate with colleagues in their cohort.
- Complete a project, selected and created by the cohort.
- Present the completed project to USC community during the April CET Faculty Showcase.
Dates and agendas of Live Zoom Sessions
Monday from 1:30 pm – 3:00 pm Pacific Time
- September 12: Needs assessment.
- October 17: Sharing of research and literature review.
- November 14: Cohort decision on project topic and design.
- January 9: Peer presentations, critique and feedback.
- February 6: Facilitated workshop time.
- March 6: Finalize presentations and projects.
- April 10: CET Faculty Showcase presentations.
For questions about the CET Faculty Learning Community program, contact firstname.lastname@example.org