The CET TA Training Curriculum is a comprehensive set of lessons providing the knowledge, skills, and resources necessary for new TAs to succeed in their roles.
The curriculum is designed to be delivered in two parts: one 3-hour, pre-semester orientation followed by a semester-long, 2-unit course. The course design is flipped; TAs are expected to review online content before attending the in-person session. Lesson plans are provided for both the orientation and the course, with provisions for adaptation by the academic unit providing the training. If a structure other than the intended orientation and course are needed, the curriculum can be adapted to meet the required structure.
Academic units are invited to download and edit the CET TA Training Curriculum materials freely, to meet their local needs.
TA Training Curriculum
There are two ways to access the TA Training Curriculum: through Blackboard or by downloading it directly.
Sign up through Blackboard
- If you plan to offer the TA Training Curriculum through Blackboard or another LMS, sign up for the Blackboard option below:
Sign up to access the content through Blackboard
Pre-semester training session
- Facilitator guide for pre-semester training session including lesson plan – download
- PowerPoint template for the pre-semester training session – download
Semester-long TA Training course
- Facilitator guide for semester-long course (includes lesson plans) – download
- Syllabus template – download
- Flipped content resources – download
Combined Facilitator Guide
- For pre-semester training session and semester-long TA Training course – download
Please let us know if you plan to use these resources for TA Training so CET can ask for your feedback in the future.