To ensure a successful TA experience right from the start, all new TAs must attend a training program. In addition to online modules for new TAs (see below), we offer a one-day training program at the beginning of each semester. Next training scheduled for Wednesday, August 16, 2017.
Modules for New USC Teaching Assistants
In addition to CET’s public events and programs like TA training, links from the teaching & learning and academic career resources, as well as documents like the Teaching Nuggets, below are links to helpful resources for new teaching assistants. In them you’ll find tips, resources, video clips and more!
- Module 1: Being a TA at USC
- Module 2: Working with Faculty
- Module 3: Working with Students
- Module 4: Academic Integrity
- Module 5: Facilitating Discussions
- Module 6: Grading & Assessment
USC Resources for TAs
USC CET Wiki for Teaching Assistants
CET created resource for USC TAs. Explore the wiki to discover ways to enhance your teaching assistant experience.
- Academic Integrity
- Disruptive and Threatening Students Behavior Guide
- Student Judicial Affairs and Community Standards (Cheating)
10 Tips for TAs from the Undergraduate Perspective
Demonstrating Teaching Excellence
Eight Actions to Reduce Racism in College Classrooms
Bibliography of Teaching Resources
First Day of Class
Into the Classroom! Tips & Tricks to Succeed as a Teacher
Providing Positive Feedback