A dossier should be prepared with care: A thoughtful selection of supporting documentation is strongly encouraged and would be of advantage in the consideration of the dossier. Documentation in support of the nomination must include:
- Contact information of nominator and nominee.
- A citation from the nominee's sponsor for publication in the Convocation program. (~150-175 words. For a sample of a citation click here.)
- A formal statement from the nominating department not to exceed two pages that indicates why the nominee is an excellent candidate for the award. The statement could include:
- Evidence of innovative instructional techniques and contributions.
- Contributions to student learning above and beyond the call of duty.
- Contributions to learning outside of the classroom.
- Self-improvement efforts regarding teaching.
- A up-to-date copy of nominee's most recent curriculum vitae.
- A representative selection of the nominee's formal teaching evaluations, including students' comments appearing on the evaluation forms.
- Up to two letters of recommendation from faculty in the department who can assess the nominee's contributions to the life of the mind in and out of the classroom.
- Include the name of a department representative (nominator or chair preferred) who will attend and read a citation at the CET reception for all nominated students in Novemeber
Please submit a single pdf of the nomination materials to email@example.com