The University Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
The University Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award symbolizes the University's dedication to the education of scholars and teachers. Awards of $1,000 are presented each year at the Academic Honors Convocation (in April) to graduate students who have exhibited consistent excellence in the classroom. Three awards are presented each year, one from the natural sciences and engineering, one from the social sciences, and one from the humanities and arts.
- Late Spring: Call for nominations
- October 16, 2015: Deadline for nominations
- November 12, 2015: CET - TA Awards Reception - For all students nominated for the University Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award
- April 2016: Convocation
- Criteria for the awards: Each department may develop its own internal procedures to select its outstanding teaching assistant. Please note: A single nominee is to be selected for each department.
- Documentation for applications for the awards.
- The Selection Process for the awards.
Awards for Excellence in Teaching (for teaching assistants)
Departmental nominees for the University Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award are recognized with the Awards for Excellence in Teaching, given by the Center at a TA Award reception held in their honor in November.