Awards & Grants
The Associates Award for Excellence in Teaching
The highest honor the University Faculty bestows on its members for outstanding teaching to:
- Recognize career achievement in teaching with emphasis on concrete accomplishments and proven results; they are not intended as a "Teacher of the Year" award
- Emphasize the University's recognition of the significant role that teaching plays in its mission. About the USC Associates
Up to two awards of $3,500 are presented each year at the Academic Honors Convocation.
Eligibility for the Associates Award includes all faculty with at least 6 years of teaching service at USC. Nominations by a department, school, or fellow faculty member are invited (self-nominations are not accepted).
Teaching Assistant Awards
The University Outstanding Teaching Assistant Awards
Awarded to graduate teaching assistants who:
- Exhibit consistent excellence in the classroom
- Symbolize the University's dedication to the education of scholar-teachers
Awards for Excellence in Teaching
Awarded to the outstanding teaching assistant in each department as nominated by that department. All departmental nominees are recognized at a reception in November.
The USC Fund for Innovative Undergraduate Teaching
The USC Fund for Innovative Undergraduate Teaching (not offered for the 2014-15 academic year)
This competitive award program for USC faculty, in all disciplines, is designed to:
- Foster new ideas and improve approaches in undergraduate instruction
- Support innovative educational initiatives of faculty
- Allow faculty to develop or significantly modify courses and curricula by implementing new teaching and learning strategies
- Assess course modifications and innovations