Nominations expanded in 2009 to include non-tenure track faculty. All nominations for the Associates Award for Excellence in Teaching must include the following documentation:
- Contact information of nominator and nominee.
- Copy of the nominee's most recent curriculum vitae.
- Summary statement, not to exceed two pages, describing how the nominee satisfies the selection criteria. Explain succinctly why the nominee’s teaching and contributions to student learning are exceptional.
- Names and contact information of at least three, but no more than eight, distinguished former students, colleagues, academic deans, and others with direct knowledge of the nominees teaching expertise. Do not submit recommendation letters. These will be solicited, as needed by the Selection Committee.
- Course descriptions, with representative syllabi, of courses the nominee has taught over the past five years with numerical summary data (graph or table) of student evaluation for each course taught, plus a representative sampling of student comments.
- A list of awards for teaching (e.g., USC Fund for Innovative Undergraduate Teaching).
- A short citation (175- 200 words), highlighting the nominee’s excellence in teaching, for use in the Convocation program.
Nominations will be evaluated by a committee of distinguished faculty including past winners of the award. The Selection Committee will evaluate candidates in two steps. Recommendation letters will only be requested for finalists.
Dossiers should be prepared with care: A thoughtful selection of supporting documentation is strongly encouraged.
Nominations remain active for three years. Nominees with active dossiers are urged to review and update their documentation each year, as necessary.
Please submit one pdf of the nomination materials to email@example.com