Section: Academic Careers
October 22, 2008 - Writing Your Cover Letter & CV: Sarah Pratt and Margaret Rosenthal
- Example of a biographical sketch (.pdf) by Armand Tanguay
- An Overview of the Teaching Portfolio (.ppt) by Danielle Mihram
- Checklist for teaching portfolios
- An Overview of CVs and Portfolios (.ppt) by Armand Tanguay
- An Overview of the Academic Portfolio (.ppt) by Danielle Mihram
- Key Elements in a Teaching Portfolio Teaching Portfolio Table of Contents, The Ohio State University
- Bain, Kenneth R. and James M. Lang (Dec. 1997). "Recasting the Teaching Portfolio," excerpt from the Teaching Professor, New York University
- The Teaching Portfolio, Washington State
- The Teaching Portfolio (PDF), Hannelore Rodriguez-Farrar, Brown University.
- Teaching Portfolios, University of Tennessee-Chattanooga
- Teaching Portfolio, The Ohio State University
Books & Articles on Portfolios
- Cole, Donna. 1995. Portfolios Across the Curriculum and Beyond. Thousand Oaks, CA: Corwin Press.
- Edgerton, Russell, Patricia Hutchings, and Kathleen Quinlan 1992. The Teaching Portfolio: Capturing the Scholarship in Teaching. Washington, D.C.: American Association for Higher Education.
- Hutchings, Pat. 1998. "Teaching Portfolios as a Tool for TA Development" pp. 235-248 in The Professional Development of Graduate Teaching Assistants (Ed. By Michele Marincovich, Jack Prostko, Frederic Stout), Bolton, Mass: Anker.
- Seldin, Peter. 1997. The Teaching Portfolio: A Practical Guide to Improved Performance and Promotion/Tenure Decision. Boston, MA: Anker, 2nd edition. [See also Item 2 in Web sites, above.]
- Urbach, Floyd. 1992. "Developing a Teaching Portfolio," College Teaching 41: 71-74, Spring.
- Zubizarreta, John. 1994. "Teaching Portfolios and the Beginning Teacher." Phi Beta Kappan 76(4): 323-326, December.