Associates Award for Excellence in Teaching: Nomination Process
All nominations must include the following documentation:
- Nominator and nominee contact information, titles, department(s), and school(s)
- Copy of the nominee’s most recent curriculum vitae
- Three Letters:
- One nomination letter (3-page maximum) explaining why the nominee’s teaching contributions are exceptional.
- Two letters of support: one from a USC faculty member and one from a USC academic dean (2-page maximum). Letters may provide additional evidence for the criteria addressed by the nominator or highlight other criteria and evidence of teaching excellence not already covered
- Representative syllabi or content descriptions from three recent courses or teaching assignments
A 1-page summary of student evaluations or other forms of evidence, framing how student feedback about their learning experiences with the nominee aligns with the school’s student engagement goals
- A list of grants and awards for teaching, if any
- A short description (175-200 words) highlighting the nominee’s excellence in teaching for use in the Convocation program. Specific examples are most effective in communicating exceptional achievement.
Nomination packets that include the following are especially compelling:
- Multiple forms of evidence of teaching excellence
- Letters where the writer(s) have direct knowledge of a nominees’s teaching or course design through peer review processes (formative or summative)
- Evidence of teaching impact beyond the nominee’s own students
**Nominators are encouraged to include underrepresented faculty in their consideration of possible nominees.
Use this form to upload the complete dossier for your nominee.
All materials must be received by October 24, 2019.