Faculty Teaching Awards
Associates Award for Excellence in Teaching
The highest honor the University Faculty bestows on its members for outstanding teaching to:
- Recognize career achievement in teaching with emphasis on concrete accomplishments and proven results; they are not intended as a “Teacher of the Year” award
- Emphasize the University’s recognition of the significant role that teaching plays in its mission. About the USC Associates
Up to two awards of $3,500 are presented each year at the Academic Honors Convocation.
Eligibility for the Associates Award includes all faculty with at least 6 years of teaching service at USC. Nominations by a department, school, or fellow faculty member are invited (self-nominations are not accepted).
Teaching Assistant Awards
The University Outstanding Teaching Assistant Awards
Awarded to graduate teaching assistants who:
- Exhibit consistent excellence in the classroom
- Symbolize the University’s dedication to the education of scholar-teachers
Three awards of $1,000 are presented each year at the Academic Honors Convocation
Awards for Excellence in Teaching
Awarded to the outstanding teaching assistant in each department as nominated by that department. All departmental nominees are recognized at a reception in November.
The USC Fund for Innovative Undergraduate Teaching (not offered for the 2016-17 academic year)
This competitive award program for USC faculty, in all disciplines, is designed to:
- Foster new ideas and improve approaches in undergraduate instruction
- Support innovative educational initiatives of faculty
- Allow faculty to develop or significantly modify courses and curricula by implementing new teaching and learning strategies
- Assess course modifications and innovations