The USC Center for Excellence in Teaching (CET) is dedicated to the inspiration and advancement of outstanding teachers in a learner-centered environment. Through a variety of activities, CET encourages the widespread promulgation of innovative pedagogies among USC’s faculty and students. In addition, through mentoring and structured programs, it fosters the development of junior faculty and doctoral students with aspirations of academic careers.
CET is unique among centers and institutes with similar purposes at major U.S. colleges and universities. Its programs are conceived and implemented by creative faculty, CET’s Faculty Fellows, whose excellent teaching and exemplary scholarship are well-recognized by their peers.
The Faculty Fellows are committed to excellence and innovation in teaching and learning. They are an interdisciplinary community of practice, addressing the impact of innovative pedagogies and educational technologies on student learning across the curriculum. In addition, the Fellows constitute an intellectual resource on the assessment of instruction and educational policy.
The Center’s programs include:
- Forums on teaching and learning
- Academic career workshops
- Mentoring Awards
- Collegial exchange with faculty interested in strengthening teaching and learning at USC
- Consultations on Course Design
- Teaching Awards
- Grants for fostering innovative undergraduate teaching
- TA Training
- CET Faculty Fellows
- CET Distinguished Faculty Fellows
- CET Teaching Assistant Fellows
- CET Undergraduate Fellows